Castleberry’s was founded in Augusta, Georgia in 1926 when Clement Stewart Castleberry’s opened his first business. Clement spent years watching his beloved father, “Mr. Clem,” prepare fresh barbecue pork and beef for crowds as large as 12,000. Mr. Clem’s cooking was the stuff of local legend, and his son Clement knew a great opportunity when he saw one. He began canning his father’s famous barbecue hash and Brunswick stew in a humble shed downtown on Fifteenth Street. And the rest, as they say, is history!
For over 90 years, the Castleberry’s family has been serving the local communities, offering a full line of delicious stews, sauces and barbecue products made with traditional recipes that have been proudly passed down for generations. Over the years, we’ve seen many changes and we’ve enjoyed incredible growth thanks to the support of our loyal customers.
We are honored to continue offering those familiar staples that families in our area have been enjoying together for decades and look forward to serving the community through our partnership with Hanover Foods for many more years to come!